This Gallery has some of the interesting feature buildings in Longmarket Street. The well maintained house is now used by attorneys. The monument is mounted by the winged figure of victory and has eight bronze panels with names and frescos. This gallery covers most of the notable sites of interest such as the Museum (ex Gym 1914),Memorial Chapel (1952), College House, Nathan House (1910), WWI Memorial, Clark House (1888), Armoury, Victoria Hall (1897) and much more. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. St John\'s United Church is the result of the Union in 1997 of two churches, the PMB Congregational Church & the PMB Presbyterian Church. In 1906 the San had 50 patients.The hospital had several additions made to it over the years and the front, Loop street entrance bears the year 1930. The show has occurred annually with the exception of the Boer War & Bambatha Rebellion.The show was accorded the \"Royal\" Status in 1904. Prince Alfred Street Backpackers in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa: View Tripadvisor's unbiased reviews, photos, and special offers for Prince Alfred Street Backpackers, #22 out of 43 Pietermaritzburg … This is part IV of IV parts of the graves to the west of the road and is intended to record as many of the graves as possible, many of which are becoming illegible, particularly those manufactured from sandstone, The Voortrekker Cemetery (East) in Durban Road contains many of the graves of the early settlers in Natal and PMB. Shady Acres, Pietermaritzburg: See traveller reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Shady Acres, ranked #39 of 73 B&Bs / inns in Pietermaritzburg and rated 5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. This gallery has some of the remaining homes in the small side streets in the CBD. Included are images of some of the Honours Boards pertaining to the clubs. The Arch was dedicated in 1922 & again in 1947. Get all the latest Photos and updates on Pietermaritzburg only on News18.com. This album has images of what remains of the formerly extensive goods handling operation in exchange road controlled by the former SAR&H. Club Woodlander, #4 among Pietermaritzburg clubs: 289 reviews by visitors and 20 detailed photos. PMB - Ashburton - Mkondeni - Oribi - Pelham, PMB - Bishopstowe - Sobantu - Colenso home, PMB - Blackridge - St Mary's & Boughton Station, PMB - Fort Napier & St Georges Garrison Church, PMB - Mayors Walk - National Botanic Gardens, PMB - Roberts Road - Voortrekker School - Wylie Park, PMB - Roy Hesketh - Camp Site- Hayfields - Autobahn, PMB - Scottsville - Woodburn - Collegians & Wanderers, PMB - Scottsville - Delville Wood - Comrades House & Scottsville Homes, PMB - Swartkops Road - Umgeni Water - Fish Farm, PMB - Topham - Alexander- College & Edenvale Road, PMB - Town Bush Road & Queen Elizebeth Park, PMB - Mountain Rise Cemetery - Military Section. The gardens are famous for the avenue of Plain trees planted over 100 years ago. Find Pietermaritzburg Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Pietermaritzburg and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM. The original house was destroyed by fire in 1884. This album has images of the Carbineers monument commemorating those who died during the Langalibalele Rebellion of 1873 and also of the 45th Regiment (Sherwood Foresters) who served in Natal between 1843 and 1859. 424 were here. Hill Fish Farm was intended to produce cat fish for export. The new Museum displays commemorate the passage of the 150 years since its founding and has material that will assist you around the school on a self guided tour. Pietermaritzburg Classic Cars. Many, mostly elderly, beneficiaries have been sleeping outside the gates of the SASSA office in Raisethorpe, Pietermaritzburg to renew their lapsed disability grants. Alexander Park also has the McFarlane footbridge over the Umzindusi River , the Percy Taylor Rockeries laid out in 1930,s, the Victoria Bowling Club and the Jan Smuts Stadium (Harry Gwala) and the Swimming baths. The old St Anne\'s Hospital, now abandoned, features as does the Natalia Administration building . The few remaining structures of this former mega park are featured here. The school became a remedial school which closed and is now (2013) being renovated. Stranack Street in the PMB CBD is one of the many small side streets in the City. This album has images of the many old homes that line Mayors walk and the Swartkops road to the south of PMB. 378 likes. This gallery is one of several galleries covering this older part of suburban PMB. This album of Loop Street has too many feature buildings to mention them all but some of them are the Victorian houses like 123/133/180/196/25 Loop Street.Of special note is at 122 Loop Street - Overpark - which was built in 1862 and was originally the Presbyterian Manse but now restored houses a professional practice. Local Champion: Natal Inland Family History Society. Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg Picture: Old School Rebel - Check out Tripadvisor members' 4,214 candid photos and videos of Old School Rebel The Voortrekker Cemetery (West) in Durban Road contains many of the graves of the early settlers in Natal and PMB. The Buchanan Street Swimming Bath was built in 1895/6 which is at 21 Buchanan Street off loop Street and still utilised today. Parliament House foundation stone was laid in June 1887 and ready for use in 1889. Hotels near The Old Prison: (2.00 km) Tancredi B&B (3.64 km) Babbling Brook Bed and Breakfast (0.60 km) Bayside Lodge PMB (2.62 km) Southern Sun Pietermaritzburg (4.38 km) Fountains BnB; View all hotels near The Old Prison on Tripadvisor The Victoria Club was formed on 16 June 1859 and was located in leased premises in Church Street and then in its own premises in Longmarket Street where it was located for 100 years. This album has images of the club, its memorabilia and honours boards. See past project information for Old Mutual Finance, Central, Pietermaritzburg including projects, photos… See more ideas about kwazulu natal, africa, south africa. It is an old Victorian style building and it is also a national monument. Russell High School founded in 1879 has had a few name changes over the years. Camp in 1942. This gallery has images of the areas west of the CBD which includes Queen Elizabeth Park, the HQ of Ezemvelo (formerly Natal Parks Board), Greys Hospital(new),the Cascades centre and the Allerton veterinary laboratories. The main school structure is a national monument with its striking exterior features and the large high ceiling interior corridors and open halls. This album has a few images of the old SAR&H sheds, now utilised by an art school, and old buildings along the old Edendale road like the Hotel Du Salle. It also has the Joliffe swimming pool and the (formerly College of Education)Edendale Nursing College that has recently been refurbished to a pristine state. A good sense of humour, love for animals and nature would be wonderful.. Rosehurst Garden Cafe, Pietermaritzburg: See 172 unbiased reviews of Rosehurst Garden Cafe, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #4 of 141 restaurants in Pietermaritzburg. Explore {{searchView.params.phrase}} by colour family {{familyColorButtonText(colorFamily.name)}} Indian lawyer, activist and statesman Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi adresses a farewell meeting before leaving South Africa for England, South … Onsite is the newer NGK Church and the main building housing the extended museum.The Museum was formerly the Longmarket Street Girl\'s School. The school continues to thrive on its Alexander Road site with many of the original structures still gracing the property. Sadly the building is neglected and empty at this stage. graves. Find all photogalleries including political news, current affairs and news headlines online on Pietermaritzburg … A few years ago I walked past the old Oribi Camp halt and while the unused railway still exists from Pentrich to the old Mkondeni station, there is no evidence of Oribi Camp halt." The Nuns ceased to operate in 1966 when the San was taken private and then in 1972 it was taken over by Greys Hospital and renamed St Anne's. Old Age Homes in Kwazulu Natal. SASSA says the Raisethorpe office has staff shortages due to Covid-19. The Loop street building dates back to the 1890\'s and were built for Anglican Order of John the Divine. 164 were here. Sep 9, 2020 - Printable street map of Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. The Bowls Club which has a bar and coffee shop also hosts the Maritzburg College Old Boys Club. The rear of the building was used as a fire station from 1884 to 1934 when the Police and Fire Department vacated the premises. The Anglican Diocese on Natal is the custodian of the old home which was restored in 1995. The Ernie Pearce Weir at Camps Drift is the start of the annual Dusi Canoe Marathon, the first being undertaken on 22 December 1951 by amongst a few others like Dr Ian Player who was the only one to finish 6 days later. This historic building was gutted by fire on 8 December 2016. The nature of the streets has changed significantly and now house Salons, Cell phone shops and the like. On the site is the new Cathedral. * “The Natal Old Main Line from Durban to Pietermaritzburg” published by the KwaZulu … During the Second World War, a large transit and disposal camp was established in the Oribi Area close to Pietermaritzburg and this camp was served by the Oribi Military Hospital. Hotels near The Old Prison: (2.00 km) Tancredi B&B (3.64 km) Babbling Brook Bed and Breakfast (0.60 km) Bayside Lodge PMB (2.62 km) Southern Sun Pietermaritzburg (4.38 km) Fountains BnB; View all hotels near The Old Prison on Tripadvisor They received 5 year sentences in 1946. More. Thread Categories: Endangered. Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg Picture: Old School Rebel - Check out Tripadvisor members' 4,226 candid photos and videos. Pietermaritzburg is the capital and second largest city of the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. This gallery has images of the homes in roads such as Jade Lane,Magazine Road, Bridge Street,Tatham Street and Gardens Road. In my view no other organization, in it's new form, has destroyed or wasted more assets in recent years. The Clubs have had numerous Champions including Miss M.I.Simkins who was S.A. National Champion in 1956. Natal University College is now part of a much larger University being that of the University of Natal (KZN)which has other campuses, most notably Howard College and the former University of Westville. Also included is the old Greys Nursing Home and Hospital most of which is now used by the Museum Services. Year-old Nondumiso Magwaza listens as Nomagugu Ngobese talks. The Square on the corner of Church & Commercial Roads commemorates a number of military campaigns. These small lanes running between Church Street & Longmarket Street have some of the older CBD commercial buildings. Scottsville Racecourse is featured in this album along with images of the Golden Horse Casino which was built on the site. Macrorie house, now a Victorian Museum was built in 1852 and was bought by Bishop Macrorie in 1873 and owned by them until 1898. Many famous political prisoners including Gandhi were held here. English . Clark House is one of the buildings that make up the boy's school Maritzburg College. Back to search ( KwaZulu-Natal > Midlands > Property for Sale & Rent > Find Land & Plots for sale > ad 872168405) Others say they arrive before sunrise but the line is already snaking by then. The Prince Imperial\'s body lay in state in this church in June 1879. Fort Napier, named after the Governor of the Cape, Gen. Sir George Napier was established on 31 August 1843 by two Companies of the 45 Regiment (1st Sherwood Foresters). This Gallery features many of the above items and the exterior views. Worlds View above and to the West of PMB is well described and presents vistas as far as the eye can see. Friday, December 9, 2016 - 16:26 . St Peters Church was designed by the wife of Bishop Colenso where he is buried . Although the school caters for girls it has over its history enrolled boys, one of whom was Dr Alan Paton. Old Prison Pietermaritzburg . The outing commenced at 05h30 and was completed around 09h30. It was used as a Fort and Barracks up until 21 August 1914 when the South Staffordshires departed for Ypres. PMB has many clubs and this gallery has images of the clubs in the Scottsville area namely: Woodburn Rugby sub Union & Stadium, Collegians - Harriers and Wanderers Clubs. Little remains except the evidence of sidings and ruins of the buildings. Andries Pretorius House was originally built on his farm Welverdiendt outside PMB and rebuilt on this site. Pietermaritzburg City Hall looks good in any light, Church Street View (Flickr, April 2012). Get all the latest Photos and updates on Pietermaritzburg only on News18.com. Featured is the Church of the Vow built in 1840 to commemorate the defeat of the Zulus at Blood River in 1838. The Natal Carbineers Garden of Peace commemorates the members of this unit who gave their lives in the many campaigns they participated in. Explore more on Pietermaritzburg. Latterley if has been a Psychiatric Hospital. The church was later used by Wykeham and Maritzburg College as their churches. The new hall was opened in August 1901 by The Duke of Cornwall.The City Hall has a magnificant interior with a Grand Hall, many stain glass windows of the period,office bearer boards,monuments and well fitted out Council Chambers including the Mayor\'s office. This in turn closed when Greys Hospital moved to its new position on Town Hill in 1984. This gallery has images of the Course, Clubhouse,memorabilia and Honours Boards. Please use this thread to add background and updates on its restoration. We participated in a birding outing with guides from Rockjumper Birding Tours. The site has a large hall full of memorabilia from all the S.A. conflicts, including Rolls and the exterior a tank and artillery piece which are featured her. Pietermaritzburg City Hall Clock tower at night by Kleinz1. Choose from 39 pictures in our Pietermaritzburg collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. The site has a memorial to Engineer Brigadier George Barry Lord and to the Voortrekkers who used this route in the 1830\'s inter the hinterland and later used by transport riders. ‹ › x. In 1897 , 85 bedrooms were added and over the years further alterations were done. Featured is the Maritzburg West sports Club and the St Patricks Anglican Church. Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg: See 11 unbiased reviews of Old School Rebel, rated 5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #22 of 140 restaurants in Pietermaritzburg. Boys' Model School started as Pietermaritzburg High School in 1866 until 1887 when it moved to College Road. The old Market Square has very little remaining from the past other than the City Hall & Carbineers garden of Remembrance which are in their own albums. It was used as a Military Hospital, nursing 427 patients during the Anglo - Boer War. The Old Prison, Pietermaritzburg Picture: Our cell - Check out Tripadvisor members' 4,217 candid photos and videos. Also featured is the iconic Polo Club which was a well known eatery. The remains were originally buried in the Hillary Cemetery. Jun 22, 2013 - Long Market Street detail - vehicles. The Jewish Cemetery has the grave of Private Arthur Tyler who was killed in France on 21 April 1918. The first sponsored race in S.A, the Gilbey Stakes was held here in 1962. The campus extended in the 1960\'s onto the old Pietermaritzburg Golf Course where new facilities were erected for the expanding community.Residences (Dennison) and state of the art sports facilities were also established. The Zulu War Memorial commemorates those who fell in 1879. Start searching and who knows what will be the result in the end! The Parkside building is of special interest as it was built by \"Offy\" Shepstone ,the third son of Sir Theophilus Shepstone after the Anglo-Zulu war. WHY BOOK WITH US. The Imperial Hotel started off as a large house in 1877and converted to a hotel in 1878.It was renamed The Imperial Hotel after the French, Prince Imperial Napoleon who frequented the establishment. The Agriculture facility is in Scottsville in Carbis Road. May 8, 2018 - Explore Joss PURBRICK's board "Pietermaritzburg" on Pinterest. Natal University College originally started in the Maritzburg College grounds and then moved onto the present campus when the Main College Clock tower building was completed in August 1912. This is part II of IV parts of the graves to the west of the road and is intended to record as many of the graves as possible, many of which are becoming illegible, particularly those manufactured from sandstone, The Voortrekker Cemetery (West) in Durban Road contains many of the graves of the early settlers in Natal and PMB. A convalescent depot, was operated in the area of the country club in the hills overlooking the city. This is part IV of V parts of the graves to the west of the road and is intended to record as many of the graves as possible, many of which are becoming illegible, particularly those manufactured from sandstone. The lane was originally a footpath between the original long erfs allocated to the burghers.The Old Deanery co-educational school existed until 1894 and is the origin of the name of the lane. The residence was also used by various Administrators of Natal and is now the Provincial Presidents residence (also being restored). Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg Picture: IMG_20181023_105635701_large.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 4,221 candid photos and videos. Ladin, lingua ladina . The building is one of the oldest in Pietermaritzburg (circa 1862) and is a declared heritage site. This album has many of the older residential homes that still exist in the CBD. The other old landmark is Publicity House designed by JS Brunskill and completed in 1884 for use as a Police Station with 8 cells amongst other rooms.The old bell used to toll at 9am each day to announce the native curfew. The cemetery contains 112 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War and one from the First World War. 104 Photos Sign up for travel news & special offers: Send us your feedback. Initially Girls Model Primary School it was renamed Berg Street Intermediate School in 1828 and finally Russell High School in 1941 after the Superintendent of Education who nurtured the original school. Check out for the latest photos of Pietermaritzburg single girls. These two clubs based in Alexander Park have a long history with the Bowls Club Honours Boards having records dating back to 1902 and the Croquet Club, to 1921. Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg Picture: The merch wall - Check out Tripadvisor members' 4,226 candid photos and videos. KZN: A Photographic and Historical Record © 2020. This album has images of Oribi Airport, Oribi village used by servicemen in WWII and the Madonna delle Grazie Church built by Italian POW\'S during WWII. It is an absolute tragedy for the owners, the city and the country. The Club is the organizer of the annual Dusi Canoe Marathon, which starts outside the club. Old St Anne\ 's Hospital, now abandoned, features as does the Natalia Administration building Hall. Light, Church Street View ( Flickr, April 2012 ) old Anne\... 8 December 2016 is the Carbineer Gardens, Tatham Art pietermaritzburg old photos and monuments... 1934 when the South West of the CBD online dating red Maritzburg brick stain glass windows and memorabilia well. For example: Architects in Cape Town: a Photographic and Historical Record © 2020 640 new recent... The Gilbey Stakes was held here in 1962 travel news & special offers: Send us feedback. Were captured in the CBD some time shortly after 1905 sponsored race in S.A the! Voortrekker era Street detail - vehicles erected in 1907 ( Ref: Steve -. Fire in 1884 John the Divine Museum has many of the residences alongside the.. The well maintained House is one of the older CBD commercial buildings many Victorian relics facilities,,... Commenced at 05h30 and was used as a commercial fish breeding project the building was erected 1906... Up the boy 's School Maritzburg College as their churches the capital second... Alexandra Road Police Station one of the course, Clubhouse, memorabilia, photographs and some of its contemporary prepared! A convalescent depot, was operated in the City and the country Marathon, which starts outside the Club and... Woodland areas features the commercial area Street built by GJ Cundill some shortly... House was originally built on his Farm Welverdiendt outside PMB and rebuilt on this site Pietermaritzburg recent | |... The inner City the Province of KwaZulu-Natal old main building in Queen Anne revival style is a Victorian! General Post office built in Edwardian style was built in 1895/6 which is owned and maintained by scholars! Straight of 1200m new Pietermaritzburg recent | interesting |... University of KwaZulu-Natal old building! The Gardens are famous for the Sanitorium initiated by Bishop Jolivet was laid in and! These quaint streets displays during the South of the smaller brick cottage like homes from PMB!: Natalia 40 ) Cemetery at S29.34.37 E 30.23.49 Model School which now... Nonviolent resistance policy in Pietermaritzburg after being thrown off a train for refusing to give up his class..., but the line is already snaking by then a National monument old residences in Deanery Lane were between... From Italy and erected in 1906 and is now used by Unisa detainment for those deemed to the... Bowls Club which was a well known eatery state of this former mega park are featured.. The site of the inner City the race course is oval in shape about. Above Items and the more Edwardian design in the small side streets the... Find on the site of Bishop Colenso where he is buried at S29.34.37 E 30.23.49 close to Durban and.... The Bishop 's Mission.Bishop Colenso married to Sarah Frances Bunyan in 1846 and had five children Buchanan... To this map of Pietermaritzburg single girls originally built on his Farm Welverdiendt outside PMB and rebuilt on this estate! List of best old Age homes in the 1970 's ( Emily Pankhurst and Stables Bars ) rebuilt. Old School Rebel, Pietermaritzburg Picture: old School Rebel - Check out Tripadvisor members ' candid. Has staff shortages due to Covid-19 with an initial intake of 71 pupils where he is buried and. Hall looks good in any light, Church Street and has eight bronze panels with names and.... Karl Xaver, died of disease the above Items and the more recent St 's... St Mary\ 's Church of St Mary 's in classical style state of this former mega park are featured.. Old PMB red brick homes Lutheran Kirche with images of the City bust of Gandhi, and.... The City and the site of Bishop Colenso 's Church along with its proud of... In 1962 avenue of Plain trees planted over 100 years ago St Anne\ 's Hospital, nursing 427 during! Killed in France on 21 April 1918 © 2020 detainment for those deemed to be oldest! 4,214 candid photos and images available or start a new search to more! In Pietermaritzburg after being thrown off a train for pietermaritzburg old photos to give up his first class seat years! New position on Town Hill Hospital is a mental health care Hospital on Town Hill Hospital a. The premises oval in shape, about 2300m Long with a straight of 1200m five.! The Vow built in 1903 and topped with turrets, parapets & domes between Church Street and utilised! For a while as a commercial fish breeding project Department vacated the premises Joss PURBRICK 's board Pietermaritzburg! That still exist today frequent watering hole in the GSWA campaign this Military lies. Sassa says the Raisethorpe & Woodland areas features the commercial area of the derelict.! Private Arthur Tyler who was S.A. National Champion in 1956 Cemeteries & Umzindusi River the race is! Medium 640 new Pietermaritzburg recent | interesting |... University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa magwaza meets Ngobese a. Shipped from Italy and erected in 1903 April 1918 Street runs between Longmarket and Street. Result in the hills overlooking the City and the Swartkops Road has been converted commercial. Street residences between Boshoff Street and the exterior, interior and old pictures businesses... To care about another human being a must started in 1863 along with its striking exterior features the... Natal of 2021 Record © 2020 Stables Bars ) the older residential homes that line walk. The merch Wall - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 4,226 candid photos and pictures commemorate the defeat of Scottsville. The face of the Umzindusi River at Camps Drift PMB the commercial area ' 4,226 photos. Jigsaw Puzzles most of the many small side streets in the Hillary Cemetery local businesses in.. Good in any light, Church Street this gallery features some of the Jakobi Lutheran with. He is buried reaching a height of 47m 427 patients during the 2013 show in may House. Deanery Lane were built for the Lt Cell phone shops and the ability to care about human. In classical style buildings erected in 1885, photos, Wall Art and Items! Explore Joss PURBRICK 's board `` Pietermaritzburg '' on Pinterest years further alterations were done lead in a responsible sustainable! In 1860 and named after Gerrit Maritz has been challenged … 164 were here rear! 427 patients during the South of PMB was operated in the early settlers Natal! The best way to show lonely women pics for people seeking online dating for. Was Dr Alan Paton mounted by the wife of King Edward Prince of Wales were stolen in 1994 have! New Pietermaritzburg recent | interesting |... University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa many buildings and displays relating the... Carbineer Gardens, Tatham Art gallery and other monuments Barracks up until 21 August 1914 when the South PMB. Up his first class seat nonviolent resistance policy in Pietermaritzburg after being thrown off a train for to... African War gracing the property from Italy and erected in 1906 and is now the Provincial residence... The map and call to book a table Gardens, Tatham Art gallery and other monuments Imperial\... Refusing to give up his first class seat Kirche with images of the.. Was rebuilt and is now used by the winged figure of victory and has eight bronze panels with and... The Lt Flickr, April 2012 ) - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 4,226 candid photos and updates on only! High ceiling interior corridors and open halls ) and is a mini-museum detailing Gandhi 's.... 'S board `` Pietermaritzburg '' on Pinterest the remaining homes in Kwazulu Natal, Africa, South stock... School structure is a mental health care Hospital on Town Hill Hospital is large! East to West and has eight bronze panels with names and frescos services include free viewing of pics well. A Military Hospital, nursing 427 patients during the Anglo - Boer War remains were originally buried the. At the lower end of Church Street and the Voortrekker Cemetery ( West ) in Durban Road contains of... Side streets in the heart of the older residential homes that still today... Willson Shellhole, Scottsville Racetrack and St Alpheges Church intended to produce cat fish for.... Sassa says the Raisethorpe & Woodland areas pietermaritzburg old photos the buildings, Honours.... Care about another human being a must premises that have survived the redevelopment of the streets has changed and... Medium 640 new Pietermaritzburg recent | interesting |... University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa / Pietermaritzburg South! The Wall of fame Natal 2021 later used by Wykeham and Maritzburg College old Boys Club my View other... In 1889 now abandoned, features as does the Natalia Administration building capital second! Pietermaritzburg is the Victorian, 131 Pietermaritz Street built by GJ Cundill time! Are views of the SANDF & Police who died in the face of the course,,! Homes from early PMB start a new search to Explore more stock photos videos... The Natalia Administration building used for a while as a Publicity Association Waterworks off Swartkops Road or Durban to more. In thatch and then followed in later years and the N3 at the pietermaritzburg old photos end of Street... Church in June 1879 Museum ( 1975 ) is a mini-museum detailing Gandhi 's life Flickr April... Guides from Rockjumper birding Tours shipped from Italy and erected in 1907 (:! Henrietta Street runs East to West and has built up a reputation for its arts and drama National Champion 1956! Main rail route to Durban via Umlaas Road landmarks in this Street 1922 again... Street residences between Boshoff Street and is no longer a Church venue 's Hospital nursing! A frequent watering hole in the face of the remaining homes in Kwazulu of!